Don’t you just hate it when someone says: “you should eat healthily” – and you Google healthy recipes and then you 1) don’t know where to start, 2) think some of them look disgusting, 3) notice some of them are not that healthy at all. So you go get a pizza.
I had the same thing. So, after trying copious amounts of recipes, I started developing my own.
The recipes here are:
- plant-based, lots of fresh fruit & veg
- naturally high in fibre, low glycemic index
- low in sugar, processed foods and meat
- feasible to make & time-friendly
- suitable for various diets (vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, keto-friendly)
Also, since I had quite a sweet tooth, I started developing healthier alternatives to sweets. I now know how to incorporate vegetables into my cakes (hello moist zucchini & beets!) & satisfy a craving with a simple snack of walnuts & dark chocolate. That’s a big change from my Snickers loving days.