IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR A WRAP TO HOLD YOU TIGHT (thank you Nelly Furtado’s ‘Promiscuous’ lyrics), you have come to the right place.
It has been a rather active and slightly exhausting week and by the time it was Saturday I could feel my body needing TLC in shape of easy food and good rest. I strolled through the supermarket and chose my most favorite healthy ingredients: sweet potato, broccoli, avocado and corn – then realized these would make an amazing wrap combined with delicious feta cheese!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
- 2 medium sweet potatoes or 1 large
- 1 small broccoli or half large
- 1 avocado
- 50 g organic feta cheese skip in case of dairy allergy
- 100 g corn jarred or freshly cooked
- 4 pieces wholegrain torilla use gluten-free if neccessary
- hummus and sambal if you are a sauce lover
- WASH AND PEEL sweet potato. Cut in thin slices (about 0.5 cm thin). Place in a pan with boiling water and boil for about 20 minutes, until the sweet potato is soft.
- WASH BROCCOLI AND CUT INTO PIECES. Place pieces on a sieve, then place atop of pan with boiling water -> this will steam your broccoli to perfection. Cover the sieve with a lid (from the pan) and in about 15 minutes the broccoli will be soft (but not mushy) and done.
- WHILE THE SWEET POTATO IS COOKING and broccoli steaming, use the time to cut avocado in slices and feta cheese in squares. Rinse the corn if using jarred. Optional: warm up the wraps in a softly heated oven (about 100 C) for 10 minutes.
- DRAIN SWEET POTATO and serve all ingredients so that everyone can build their own wrap. ALTERNATIVELY, mash sweet potato and avocado together with a fork to make a 'Sweet potato & Avocado spread'.