A tremendously easy dish to make. Also, super healthy and on a budget.
Great for reaching and maintaining a healthy weight. Low in calories, rich in nutrients.
A rare source of vitamin D in the winter days, and a welcome burst of color on the dinner plate.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Passive Time||50 minutes|
- 2 large sweet potatoes no need to peel if organic, cut in 0.5 thick slices
- 300 g fresh spinach
- 2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- 125 ml organic sour cream
- 75 g grated cheese
- 1 tbsp cooking oil or ghee
- PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 200 degrees Celsius. Oil an oven dish.
- IN A SIEVE, pour boiling water over the spinach and leave to drain. When drained, add nutmeg and mix well.
- PLACE A LAYER OF SWEET POTATO in the oven dish, then layer with spinach, and then sweet potato again.
- MIX SOUR CREAM with minced garlic. Spread over the sweet potatoes as the top layer, then sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the sweet potatoes are crunch and soft.