Lemony touch and a pile of delicious fruits stuffed in a cheesecake.
This cake is great for those who love a refreshing, zesty flavor. It is very easy to make although it does require having some time hours in advance to prepare everything. In total though, it only takes about 30 minutes of your time.
Remember to use as many organic ingredients as possible.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||3 hours|
large pieces of cake
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour - If you are using self-rising flour, you will need parchment paper and something heavy to put on it
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup good quality lemon curd use a bit more or less depending on your preference
- 225 g cream cheese
- 100 g frozen mixed berries such as blackberries and blueberries
- 2 kiwis
- PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 200 degrees Celsius. Mix flour with butter and knead into a nice piece of dough. Add the egg and knead again, then add sugar and knead until smooth.
- SPREAD THE DOUGH EVENLY OVER THE BOTTOM OF A PIE DISH. If you are using self-rising flour, now place the sheet of baking paper over the dough and in place something heavy (like a smaller pie dish) in the middle. This will keep the dough from rising too high!
- BAKE THE PIE CRUST for about 15 minutes, until golden brown and solid. Then take out the oven and leave to cool - this will take about 45 minutes, testing your patience and giving you the chance to go do something else.
- MIX LEMON CURD WITH CREAM CHEESE until it's a smooth mixture. Cover the pie crust with this deliciousness and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- WHEN WANTING TO SERVE, place frozen berries in a pan and thaw for 30 minutes without heating. When defrosted, turn on a low fire and heat until almost boiling. Cut up the kiwis and cover the cheesecake with fresh kiwi and warm berry sauce.